Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I haven't met a veggie I didn't like...at least in the last year

I realized how far I've come as I ate my dinner tonight. Gone are my veggie loathing days with no green at all on my plate. I realized very quickly when I embarked on my journey (I like to think of it as a journey and not a diet... because you can quit a diet) that I needed to pile my plate high with food at least once a day and frankly the only way to get the volume and to keep the calories low is with vegetables. I tend to need variety to keep me interested (not a steamed fish and broccoli girl at all!) and tonight I had grilled radicchio, fenyl, and green beans with carrots... 4 veggies that I wouldn't have eaten 1 year ago.

The key for me is in finding the right way to prepare the veggie because that makes all the difference (eg I could never grill eggplant). I also like to go to the vegetable section of my produce store and pick up things I've never tried before... the weirder the better...




Me July 2008 and Me Now

No comments:

Post a Comment